As an Estimator, you will be able to analyze drawings and specifications in order to accurately cost product for the manufacturing process.
- Accurately and efficiently prepare detailed cost estimates and proposals;
- Prepare accurate quantity take-offs for residential and park model homes;
- Validate estimates through comparison to similar projects, existing designs and as-built data;
- Maintain supporting documents and files;
- Review scope of work, analyze drawings and evaluate requirements for pricing;
- Investigate and troubleshoot inventory discrepancies and understand transactions in the inventory database; and
- Other duties as required.
- Highly organized and detail orientated;
- Comprehensive understanding of Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and Outlook;
- Understanding of an ERP system.
- Ability to read and interpret blueprints;
- Accuracy and attention to detail when working within strict deadlines;
- Related post-secondary education and / or experience in construction or a related field preferred;
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to analyze and present data;
- Ability to take direction and follow policies and procedures; and
- Ability to work overtime as required.
Why Work For Us?
Competitive hourly wage based on experience.
Day shift only & off early on Fridays.
Medical, Drug and Life Insurance after probationary period.
Consistent year-round work within an indoor production facility.
Dental coverage and Pension Plan after one year.
Our employees care about each other and take pride in their craftsmanship.
Three Ways to Apply
1. Apply Online
2. Email Us
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Mail Us
Mail your cover letter and resume to:
165 Thames Road East, Hwy 83 Exeter, Ontario, Canada N0M 1S3
Attention: Human Resources
Northlander Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.