As the Operations Manager, you will be responsible for the effective and successful management of labour, productivity and quality control. You will work in conjunction with all department and plant Managers to enhance the overall business processes and procedures of Northlander Industries.
- Maximize plant efficiency, product quality and profitability by identifying trends and assessing opportunities to improve current processes
- Develop and execute strategic plans in conjunction with department Managers
- Assist in developing, implementing and reviewing operational policies and procedures
- Conduct regular team meetings to discuss business updates, issues & recommendations
- Assist in employee recruitment, succession planning, training and performance evaluation
- Maintain and encourage open lines of communication between all departments
- Proactively identify potential risks & issues before they occur & develop strategies to mitigate them
- Help promote a company culture that encourages top performance and high morale
- Other duties as required
- Strong leadership, team building and coaching skills
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Ability to be adaptable and flexible
- Excellent critical thinking, conflict management and problem-solving skills
- Must be an adaptable, results oriented self-starter
- Strong oral and written communication skills
Education & Experience:
- Business/operations management degree or other related education
- Minimum 5 years of previous leadership experience
- Minimum 5 years of previous management experience
- Knowledge of residential building construction practices considered a very strong asset
- Previous experience in a manufacturing environment
Why Work For Us?
Competitive hourly wage based on experience.
Day shift only & off early on Fridays.
Medical, Drug and Life Insurance after probationary period.
Consistent year-round work within an indoor production facility.
Dental coverage and Pension Plan after one year.
Our employees care about each other and take pride in their craftsmanship.
Three Ways to Apply
1. Apply Online
2. Email Us
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
3. Mail Us
Mail your cover letter and resume to:
165 Thames Road East, Hwy 83 Exeter, Ontario, Canada N0M 1S3
Attention: Human Resources
Northlander Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.