- Review quotations
- Purchase general and specialized equipment, materials or business services
- Monitor progress of delivery schedules
- Invite tenders
- Establish delivery schedules
- Determine contract terms and conditions
- Contact suppliers to resolve problems
- Award contracts or recommend contract awards
- Issue purchase orders as required based on the direction of the Purchasing Manager and the production schedule requirements
- Receipt of purchase orders and matching of packing slips
- Follow up with vendors regarding outstanding orders and expediting as necessary
- Complete damaged and defective goods forms and ensure process is followed to completion
- Minimum 2 years purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
- Previous experience purchasing residential construction materials considered an asset
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software experience preferred
- Knowledge of components for house building and ability to read blueprints preferred
- Able to work on tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Good oral and written communicator
- Ability to negotiate
Why Work For Us?
Competitive hourly wage based on experience.
Day shift only & off early on Fridays.
Medical, Drug and Life Insurance after probationary period.
Consistent year-round work within an indoor production facility.
Dental coverage and Pension Plan after one year.
Our employees care about each other and take pride in their craftsmanship.
Three Ways to Apply
1. Apply Online
2. Email Us
Email your cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
3. Mail Us
Mail your cover letter and resume to:
165 Thames Road East, Hwy 83 Exeter, Ontario, Canada N0M 1S3
Attention: Human Resources
Northlander Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.