As the Drafting Manager you will have overall accountability for the drafting department and be responsible for the development and execution of standards and procedures necessary for the accurate and timely delivery of drawings.
- Ensure overall accuracy, timeliness and consistency of all blueprints
- Establish deadlines, develop goals and determine production standards for department
- Identify process deficiencies and initiate necessary changes as appropriate
- Organize timelines for drawings and assign to appropriate drafting technician(s)
- Understand and evaluate errors on blueprints in conjunction with production department
- Provide training and ongoing education for all department personnel
- Work with production to identify process and design improvements that will help to maximize production efficiency
- Ensure overall maintenance and upkeep of CNC and CAD libraries
- Other duties as required
- Post secondary education in architectural or mechanical engineering or similar program
- 5 – 10 years previous leadership experience
- Previous experience with CAD or other related software
- Previous experience with bills of material, ERP systems, etc. preferred
- Excellent organizational, problem-solving and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Must be an adaptable, results oriented self-starter
- Knowledge of residential building construction practices and Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code would be preferred but willing to train right candidate
Why Work For Us?
Competitive hourly wage based on experience.
Day shift only & off early on Fridays.
Medical, Drug and Life Insurance after probationary period.
Consistent year-round work within an indoor production facility.
Dental coverage and Pension Plan after one year.
Our employees care about each other and take pride in their craftsmanship.
Three Ways to Apply
1. Apply Online
2. Email Us
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
3. Mail Us
Mail your cover letter and resume to:
165 Thames Road East, Hwy 83 Exeter, Ontario, Canada N0M 1S3
Attention: Human Resources
Northlander Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.