We are currently seeking an experienced Drafting Manager to lead our talented team of drafters. Reporting directly to the General Manager, you will lead our team of talented drafters and coordinate accurate and timely delivery of residential/ home building drawings. This is a face-pace manufacturing environment with tight deadlines.
- Leads and supports the drafting department
- Reviews all working drawings, work orders, HVAC, plumbing etc. to ensure overall accuracy, timeliness and consistency of all blueprints
- Establish deadlines, develop goals and determine production standards
- Identify process deficiencies and initiate necessary changes as appropriate
- Organize timelines for drawings and assign to appropriate drafting technician
- Understand and evaluate errors on blueprints in conjunction with production department
- Champion new product development
- Work with production to identify process and design improvements that will help to maximize production efficiency
- Ensure overall maintenance and upkeep of CNC and CAD libraries
- Other duties as required
- 5 – 10 years of professional experience in architectural drafting including a minimum of 2 years managing a drafting team
- Engineering, Engineering Technologist, Architecture or other related degree preferred
- Construction knowledge and experience required
- Previous experience with CAD or other related software required
- Previous experience with bills of material, ERP systems, etc. preferred
- Knowledge of residential building construction practices
- Part 9 of the Ontario Building Code would be preferred
- Understanding of standard drafting practices, related industry standards and able to follow, implement and improve company design and drafting standards and requirements
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong management skills to ensure timely and accurate completion of project deliverables
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Strong communication skills in English (oral/written) and interpersonal skills with ability to positively influence others and develop strong internal and external relationships
Why Work For Us?
Competitive hourly wage with progressive advancement
Day shift 6-3 Monday - Thursday and 6-2 Fridays
Health care benefits after 500 hours
Consistent year-round work within an indoor production facility.
RRSP Match after 1 year of service
Our employees care about each other and take pride in their craftsmanship.
Three Ways to Apply
1. Apply Online
2. Email Us
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
3. Mail Us
Mail your cover letter and resume to:
165 Thames Road East, Hwy 83 Exeter, Ontario, Canada N0M 1S3
Attention: Human Resources
Northlander Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.