- Review quotations
- Monitor progress of delivery schedule
- Contact Suppliers to resolve problems
- Issue purchase orders as required based on the direction of the Purchasing Manager and the production schedule requirements
- Act as buyer for electrical and plumbing components, investigate new suppliers and technologies while working together with engineering and production
- Receipt of purchase orders and matching of packing slips
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of inventory accuracy within all facilities on site
- Assist with space utilization, manage daily inventory control, including receiving and product movement throughout facilities
- Process and ,maintain cycle counts within the warehouse and within each manufacturing facility
- Work closely with production team members to determine proper min/max levels and institute visual controls across organization
- Work with accounting on Supplier Warranty Submissions
- Develop internal processes for monitoring warranty purchases internally so the Service Department is well prepared to support Customer Issues in the field
- Follow up with vendors regarding outstanding orders and expediting as necessary
- Complete damaged and defective goods forms and ensure process is followed to completion
- Minimum 2 years purchasing experience in manufacturing environment
- Previous experience purchasing residential construction materials considered an asset
- Enterprise resource planning (ERP) software experience preferred
- Knowledge of components for house building and ability to read blueprints preferred
- Able to work on tight deadlines and under pressure
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Strong Microsoft Excel and Word skills
- Good oral and written communicator
- Ability to negotiate
Why Work For Us?
Competitive hourly wage with progressive advancement
Day Shift 7:00 am to 3:30 pm
Medical, Dental and Life Insurance after 90 Days
Consistent year-round work within an indoor production facility.
Pension Plan after one year.
Our employees care about each other and take pride in their craftsmanship.
Three Ways to Apply
1. Apply Online
2. Email Us
Email your cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
3. Mail Us
Mail your cover letter and resume to:
165 Thames Road East, Hwy 83 Exeter, Ontario, Canada N0M 1S3
Attention: Human Resources
Northlander Industries is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants who are selected for further consideration will be contacted.